Search This Blog

July 6, 2009

Quilt and Sewing Themed Cakes,Quilting Funnies,Your Color Fix for Today

QUILT AND SEWING THEMED CAKES
My quest to find these AWESOME Sewing and Quilt themed cakes all began with an email from my friend Diann. She sent me a pic of a sewing ma
chine cake and I got that fever to find more cakes to show everyone. Yes, we create art when we sew together a quilt, but look at these artists that create art with the cakes they make! I am so inspired by these. Enjoy! I know I did!!!
I could never ever eat this cake. It is to beautiful....
but if you don't eat it, then what?
This cake was made as a surprise for this creator's mom to match the quilt her mom made. WOW! What a gift.






A cake with a sewing theme won multiple awards at the
Oregon State Fair in Salem.


QUILTING FUNNIESYOUR COLOR FIX FOR TODAY




I hope you enjoyed my blog and were wowed by those Quilty Cakes. It's amazing to see what other creations bring joy to people's hearts. I bet there must be a zen feeling when crafting an artistic cake.
I can't tell you how much fun I have when I write this blog and bring you some outstanding "different" themes related to quilting. If you have something out of the ordinary that you would like to share, email me (linda@lindampoole.com) and I will find a place for it right here.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day.....go create something, be it little or big!
Many thanks,
Linda

12 comments:

Leslie said...

Lynda, awesome stuff this post. The cakes are fab, so are the colour eye candy photos. Again, thanks for sharing the goodies with us..

Blue said...

Hi Linda, always colorful and interesting! Bluee

Anonymous said...

WOW, these sewing/quilt cakes are awesome!! Tough to pick a favorite.
KathyP

Diane said...

Hi Linda -
Before I started quilting I use to be a cake baker/decorator. Now it looks like I'm going to be dusting off those pans again...
I don't know if I should thank you or not! ;^)

Miss Muffet said...

Those cakes are amazing; I don't know if I could pour my heart and soul energy into something so temporary. Thank goodness for photos!

Barbara Chojnacki said...

WOW! Those cakes are incredible; I can't choose a favorite. I want someone to make me one of those for my birthday. Actually, I want to make one myself! I think the top one is do-able. I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! Thanks, Linda.

Ammy Lea said...

Aww, yey! I made one of those!

Thearica said...

All I can say is WOW!!! There was a link to these cakes put on the HGTV Quilting and Needlework Forum! We appreciate your artwork!! FAB ___ U ___ LOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Judy said...

How Awesome...I need one of these for my mom's birthday..she would totally be in awe...is there a place that you can really get one...I wonder if I can find one in my area...totally unique...thanks for sharing..blessings

Lisa said...

WOW and WOW again!!! Your cakes are just amazing! They don't even look like cakes...they are works of art!!! I will be coming back for more! Thanks for sharing your beautiful works of art!

Lisa

Unknown said...

Thanks Linda,
for the comic relief; I really needed it. Lol, ashes scattered about the fabric store...heh, heh, heh! Those cakes are gorgeous; I would be hard pressed to choose, that's for sure. The singer on the purple clothe is really speaking to me...

hugz
Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails